Why the Y?
When we started The Fields Church, we truly desired to be “A Church In The World.” We wanted to be people who were intentional about taking the Gospel to the world and community we live in. In the New Testament, Christian leaders would begin with the major gathering points of the city in their desire to spread the hope of Jesus Christ to as many people as possible. We see the Y as one of those key gathering points for people in our city with over 56,000 members.
For over 5 years now we have partnered with the Y to lift high the “C” of YMCA. Throughout history, YMCA’s have consistently partnered with churches in an effort to accomplish their mission. The mission of the YMCA is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We love this mission statement and are intentionally partnered with the Y to help them accomplish this mission, while at the same time accomplishing our vision to be a church in the world! We desire to intentionally bless the community of the Y and to be a source of hope, joy, and servanthood in our city.
How do we help the Y?
We accomplish this in several different ways and hope to always be thinking about new ways to allow the Gospel to penetrate different areas of life at the Y.
- Prayer boxes at the Y
- Hang Scripture on the walls at the Y
- Gospel focused activities at all Y events
- Free Gospel centered resources at the Y
- Consistent presence at the Y, Y events, Y sports leagues, etc.
- Connecting other churches to the mission of the Y
- Blessing the staff at the Y
- New chaplaincy program at the Y
- Worship service and many church gatherings at the Y
Click here for more information about the Arlington YMCA.